Belize Island Life Attire
Pack clothing and footwear that will take you through your entire trip. These items cover exploring Ambergris Caye, dining out, pool time and adventures.
- 1-2 Swimsuits- Make sure to include a sportier one for snorkeling or active swimming
- Cover up/ sarong- Your resort is likely to provide beach towels, but it’s handy to have a cover-up as well.
- 2-3 Shorts or skirts
- 4-5 T-shirts or tank tops
- 1-2 Dressier blouse- for nights on the town
- 1-2 Sun Dresses
- Long-sleeved button-up shirt- for sun and bug protection and on jungle tours
- Loose-fitting trousers- for sun and bug protection and on jungle tours
- Rash guard for swimming and snorkel tours
- Flip flops are easy to fit in your luggage and are all you need on the island
- Closed-toed shoes for mainland jungle tours
- Light jacket or rain jacket, depending on the time of year you are travelling
- Leave your jeans and heals at home
Accessories for Island Travel
Edit the items here for what makes the most sense for your trip. A family vaycay with kids will benefit from packing a few favorite beach toys.
- Beach bag or re-usable tote. Your daily commute to the pool is easier with a place to stash your gear. It doubles as a shopping bag if you head to the grocery store for snacks.
- Day pack- Use it as your carry-on and then fill it with everything you need for day trips around Belize.
- Sun hat- a must for keeping cool during days in the sun
- Sun glasses- Not just a trivial accessory in the tropics, especially for times when you will be on a boat on the sea
- Beach toys- If you have kiddos along, bring a few sand castle toys. They can go a long way in keeping everyone entertained and happy
- Pool float- For both the young, and the young-at-heart
- Re-usable water bottle to stay hydrated
- Book or magazines
- Travel Journal
Toiletries for a Tropical Vacation
Travel-size products are a great way to save space in your luggage and still have everything you’ll need. Bring along any brands that you can’t live without as Belize has a limited selection.
- Hair products
- Makeup- minimal, keep in mind the heat and humidity of Belize
- Contact lens supplies
- Shaving needs
- Baby powder for removing sand- apply the baby powder to legs and arms and brush the sand right off. This is especially useful for little kids who get sand everywhere
- Aloe Vera gel for after-sun care, though do your best to prevent too much sun exposure
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
- Reef-safe sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Lip balm with SPF
- Hair ties to keep your hair out of the way
Travel Tech to Belize
This is another area where personal preference comes into play. Consider if you’d like to unplug on vacay. Or, is staying in touch with friends and family and documenting your trip the goal?
- Your Cell Phone
- Chargers for any electronics that you do bring
- Waterproof case for your phone. Even a sturdy Ziploc baggie will do the job should there be a brief rain shower
- Camera or underwater camera
- GoPro camera
- Selfie Stick
- Note- drones are not allowed into Belize. Currently, there is a moratorium in place by Belize's Department of Civil Aviation. It prohibits the temporary importation of drones.